Working with Hardware, Handles & Straps
In this series of videos Annie will teach you to make handles and straps that perfectly match your project and that are sturdy and strong for long-lasting wear.
1. Carry On! Handles and Straps
Learn to make strong and sturdy handles and straps to complement your project using fabric with a variety of stabilizers. Annie shows great techniques for easy construction and tips for attaching hardware and easily making adjustable, detachable straps.
2. Hardware, Handles and Straps: An Overview
Learn how to make basic fabric handles and straps and get them ready to attach to your bag.
3. Preparing Detachable Straps
Discover the tricks to making sturdy, functional straps that will match your project beautifully. Annie covers inserting strapping and how to finish the ends.
4. Choosing Hardware
In this video, we'll show you the hardware available at ByAnnie.com and share tips for picking out just what you need for your next project.
5. Making an Adjustable Strap Using a Widemouth Slider
6. Making a Detachable Strap
Learn to attach the necessary hardware to make an attachable/detachable strap.
7. Making an Adjustable, Detachable Strap Using a Strap Adjuster
Discover how to make an adjustable, detachable strap if you are using a strap adjuster rather than a slider.
8. Using ½” Hardware for Adjustable, Detachable Straps
In this video, Annie demonstrates how to make an adjustable strap using 1/2" hardware. She shows how to attach sliders to make the strap adjustable and swivel hooks to make it detachable.
9. Hardware, Handles and Straps: Conclusion