Equality at ByAnnie
Welcome to the ByAnnie Equality Resource Page!
ByAnnie.com has always been committed to promoting respect, practicing empathy, and building meaningful connections within our community, but we feel we can do more. As such, we are developing resources and programs to promote those values within our company and beyond.
Have patience with us as we figure out how to use our creativity and combined skill-sets to make a difference in our community.
We asked our staff if they had any resources on the topic of equality that they would recommend we watch or read, and we've decided to list some of them below. Check back often, we will be updating these resources and cycling through different topics so that you (and we) always have something new and different to look forward to.
- 'Why Are White People So Bad at Talking About Race?' featuring Dr. Robin DiAngelo
- 'Systemic Racism Explained' by act.tv
- 'Why I, as a black man, attend KKK rallies.' by Daryl Davis; TedxTalk
- 'Inside the Historical Roots of the Pandemic's Racial Disparities' hosted by Jake Silverstein
- 'Making People Aware of Their Implicit Biases Doesn't Usually Change Minds...' by Betsy Mason
- 'Styling Matters!' by Marica N. Mitchell
- 'How I Got That Gig...' by Kimberly Bennefield
- 'Commentary: We need to talk about those Breonna Taylor T-shirts' by Justin Ray
'Bias Isn't Just A Police Problem...' - Morning Edition
'The Return of Race Science' - Code Switch podcast featuring Angela Saini
'Black Students Face Harsher Discipline - All Things Considered
Ways to get involved or make a change:
Thank you for taking the time to visit our Equality Page, and we hope you join us on our journey of promoting respect and awareness. Let us know in the comments what we've missed, or give us your own recommendations and suggestions.
Stay tuned for updates and changes, we have a lot to learn!