Look for Ultimate Travel Bag 2.0 coming in July 2020.
Pre-order it now, if your project can wait.
The perfect travel companion, this functional bag is carry-on compliant and sure to turn heads wherever you go.
A comfortable padded adjustable and detachable carrying strap and quick-grab side handles make it convenient for all sorts of travel.
With a zippered and slip pockets on the front, back, and ends as well as a full zippered pocket and three more slip pockets inside, the bag will keep everything organized and close at hand.
The inner pockets of the Ultimate Travel Bag are made of mesh which provides easy visibility of contents, extra stretchiness and, best of all, adds absolutely no bulk to the seams.
Buttons on the bottom reduce wear and a handy strap across the back helps secure the bag to rolling luggage.
The Ultimate Travel Bag measures 18½" long x 13¾"H x 8"D.
TIP: The Ultimate Travel Bag is the perfect size to carry a small machine such as a Pfaff Passport, Janome Gem, or Featherweight to classes. If you intend to carry something heavy such as a sewing machine in your bag, we suggest that you use one of our plexiglass bottom stabilizers (rather than foam core) in the base.
NOTE FROM ANNIE:
Do you already have our Carry On! Travel Bag pattern? That pattern is very similar to this one, so you may not need both. However, this new pattern has some additional features which we love:
- The Carry On! Travel Bag has quilted and fabric pockets on the inside of the bag. The Ultimate Travel Bag uses mesh for those pockets instead. This reduces bulk in the seams making the bag easier to assembly. It also enables one to see what is inside each pocket and makes the pockets a bit stretchy so they'll expand slightly.
- The slip pockets on the inside of the Ultimate Travel Bag are cut a bit wider so that a gusset may be folded into the pockets on the side, allowing more extra expansion. That feature is not included in the Carry On! Travel Bag.
- Instructions are included in the Ultimate Travel Bag pattern for adding buttons to the bottom of the bag to reduce wear. That is certainly an option on the Carry On! Travel Bag, but directions for placement are not included in the Carry On! pattern.
- The Ultimate Travel Bag includes a handy back strap which allows the bag to be secured to the handles of rolling luggage. Sweet! That feature is not included in the Carry On! Travel Bag.
- The Ultimate Travel Bag pattern is arranged a bit differently than the Carry On! Travel Bag so steps are done in a slightly different, more intuitive order. Steps are basically the same, though, as are cutting directions and dimensions.
- The Carry On! Travel Bag includes instructions for making either 1" or 1½" straps and handles. Because we feel that the 1½" handles are more proportionate to this size bag, the Ultimate Travel Bag pattern includes instructions for ONLY the 1½" straps and handles.
Ultimate Travel Bag
- Availability: In Stock
Item ID: PBA251