Make your own laminated fabric!
Fuse Slicker to any smooth fabric to make it water-resistant. It's durable, flexible and can be stitched without leaving adhesive residue on the sewing machine needle.
This handy iron-on vinyl interfacing is perfect for projects like makeup wraps and bags or placemats that clean up with a wipe.
Fabric stays soft and is easy to work with.
Packaged size is 17" wide x 36" long.
TIPS FOR USE:
- For best adhesion and wear, pre-wash fabrics without any fabric softeners to remove any sizing in the fabric before applying the Slicker.
- Use Wonder Clips rather than pins to avoid leaving holes in the vinyl.
- Always press using the release paper over the vinyl surface.
- Not recommended for use in the microwave.
- Clean the vinyl-coated fabric by wiping with a wet cloth/sponge. The manufacturer recommends cleaning by methods that do not involve submerging in water. Do not launder in washing machine.
APPLYING SLICKER TO FABRIC:
- Peel paper backing/release paper from vinyl interfacing; set aside.
- Place sticky side of vinyl interfacing against right side of fabric; smooth into place.
- Top with release paper. Press with iron set to medium, no steam, for 8 seconds. Repeat to bond entire surface. Do not touch iron directly to vinyl!
- Flip project over; press and hold iron on back of project for additional 4 seconds. Repeat to heat entire surface.
- Allow to cool before using.
Slicker Iron-On Vinyl Interfacing
- Availability: In Stock
Item ID: SUP213