Upcoming Events - July/August 2018
Sewing and quilting don’t have to be hobbies you can only enjoy on your own. There are a wide variety of events, guilds, and classes to participate in and an entire community online for you to share your passion with!
It’s incredible to be a part of this community, and we take every opportunity we can to be involved! Annie loves being able to teach classes at different shops, and our team enjoys participating in shows and festivals. We also think it's so much fun being able to support guilds and shops with the various events they host.
Keep reading below to find out about some of those great events, happening this July / August, 2018!
Carolinas Shop Hop
July 20 - 28, 2018
Be sure to stop by all 10 shops below to meet up with friends, have some fun, collect some great freebies (including prizes from ByAnnie) and even a chance to win a free sewing machine! For more details, click HERE.
- A Stitch In Time: Franklin, SC
- Asheville Cotton Co.: Asheville, NC
- Beginnings: Hendersonville, NC
- Bernina Sewing Center: Greenville, SC
- Sassy Stitches: Franklin, NC
- Elaine's Attic: Landrum, SC
- Marietta's Quilt & Sew: Simpsonville, SC
- Quilting Sew Easy: Gaffney, SC
- Schoolhouse Quilts: Forest City, NC
- Viking Sew 'N Quilt: Mauldin, SC
Rocky Mountain Quilt Fever Shop Hop
August 2-5, 2018
This will be the 18th year of this awesome shop hop. Stop by each of the following stores for a chance to win gift baskets (including ByAnnie goodies) and find some exclusive fabrics made just for the event!
- Fabric Expressions: Littleton
- High Country Quilts: Colorado Springs
- High Prairie Quilts: Parker
- Holly's Quilt Cabin: Centennial
- Na-La's Quilt Shoppe: Fountain
- Ruth's Stitchery: Colorado Springs
- Sew-Ciety: Castle Rock
- The Creative Needle: Littleton
Boise Modern Quilt Guild Retreat
August 10-12, 2018
Getting involved with a quilt guild gives you a great opportunity to meet like-minded people, make new friends, learn new skills, and take part in fun events like classes, quilt shows or retreats!
If you're in the Boise, Idaho area, try looking into this great modern quilt guild. To learn more about membership, click HERE.
Plano Texas Quilt Show
Plano Event Center
August 10-11, 2018
The annual Plano Quilt show is a fun event featuring beautiful quilt displays, vendors, auctions, giveaways (including prizes from ByAnnie) and so much more! One-day entry is $10 for adults.
To get an idea of what to look forward to, check out some of the award winning quilts that were on display in 2016 and 2017!
Charming Quilt Shop Tour
August 16-25, 2018
This fun quilt shop tour is in its 8th year! Be sure to stop by each of the following shops for a chance to win great prizes (including some from ByAnnie)! The Grand Prize is an all inclusive reatreat for the winner and a friend to attend the NEORQC Getaway in February, 2019! For a full list of rules, click HERE.
- Angelics... A Quilters Haven - Canton
- AnnaLouisa's Needle Arts - Louisville
- Bernina Store & Sew Much More - Boardman
- Craft Cupboard- Middleford
- Mara's Fabric & Gifts - Eastlake
- Polka Dot Pincushion - Richfield
- Quilted Thimble - Chesterfield
- Quilter's Fancy - Cortland
- The Quilting Block - Rock Creek
- Sew Deja Vu - Stow
- Tiny Stitches - Middlefield
- Village Quilts - Canfield
2018 TQG Quilt Show
Cape Henry Collegiate, Alfred T. Taylor Field House
Virginia Beach, Virginia
August 17-18, 2018
The theme of this year's quilt show is "Every Quilt Tells a Story," and will be presented by the Tidewater Quilters' Guild, which boasts over 400 members!
Stop by the show for a chance to win prizes (including goodies from ByAnnie), take part in the raffle, and see some amazing quilts! Read more about what you can expect to see HERE.
West Texas "Tumbleweed"
One Stop Shop Hop
McNease Convention Center
San Angelo, Texas
August 17, 2018
This is going to be a fantastic show. You'll find 30 vendors selling all types of quilt related items including fabric, patterns, notions, cutting tables and mats, long arm machines, sewing machines and lots more.
The Scissor Guy will be back again this year. Bring your scissors and knives to be sharpened! There will also be a sewing machine giveaway and a gift basket full of goodies donated by sponsors, like ByAnnie!
Don't miss out on the "sit n sew" to make blocks for quilts that will be donated to the Concho Valley Home for Girls.
Sizzlin' Summer Shop Hop
End of Summer Beach Party
August 23-25, 2018
This is the 7th year of this fun shop hop. Participating stores provide demos and discounts and introduce you to the latest tools, notions and fabrics. Receive a free fat quarter of fabric with the purchase of your passport, and enter to win prizes from sponsors, like ByAnnie!
For a full list of rules click HERE, or contact any of these participating stores:
- Austin Sewing Machines & Quilting: Round Rock
- A Quilter's Folly: Austin
- B&B Quilting & Gifts: Buda
- The Sewing Basket: Salado
- The Cotton Cupboard: North Lakeway
- Holly Dee Quilts: Luling
- Valli & Kim: Dripping Springs
It’s easy for you to get involved with the quilting community too! Find events in your area by going online, or asking your local quilt shop for suggestions. When possible, take advantage of locally taught classes or join a quilt guild. These are excellent ways for you to learn new skills, make great friends, get inspired and share your knowledge!
There are plenty of other opportunities to network and stay connected as well:
1. Be sure to sign up for our email list to be among the first to hear about our newest products, our best techniques, and slick new videos!
2. Check in on our blog weekly to discover tips and helpful hints, seasonal sewing ideas, and great information from Annie herself!
3. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest: @PatternsByAnnie
4. Show us your amazing projects by entering our Monthly Photo Contest! You could have the chance to win a $50 coupon to use on ByAnnie.com USA. Winners will be featured in a special winner's blog and have their pictures shared with the sewing community on the ByAnnie social media sites! For a full list of rules and submission guidelines, click HERE.
5. Last, but not least, don't forget to comment below and tell us your thoughts and opinions! Let us know about what you love about your local quilt guild or favorite quilt shop. Or, share some upcoming event dates that you think others might enjoy too!