Perfect for making straps and handles, the Quick Turn comes with 3 sizes of plastic cylinders and wooden rods used to push and turn fabric tubes quickly and easily.
3/16 inch cylinder for 3/8 inch to 5/8 inch fabric tubes
3/8 inch cylinder for 3/4 inch to 1 inch fabric tubes
1/2 inch cylinder for 1 inch or larger fabric tubes
Contains sharp tools. Keep out of reach of children.
Instructions for using the Quick Turn tool:
1. Stitch fabric tube as directed in pattern.
2. Select appropriate size cylinder. Slide cylinder into fabric tube until it is at sewn end. For open-ended tubes, slide cylinder to about 1 inch from end of fabric tube. Fold fabric end over cylinder and continue as directed.
3. With round end of corresponding rod (either end of metal rod) push fabric end into the cylinder while sliding fabric tube over cylinder.
TIP: If tube will be pressed flat, spread seam allowances open as tube slides into cylinder. Continue until turned tube end comes out of the cylinder.
TIP: It may be necessary to gather up fabric tube on cylinder to see turned end.
4. Pull on fabric end until entire tube comes out of the cylinder. Rod will remain in the fabric tube.
5. Use rod to push out corners. If necessary turn around rod and use pointed end in corners. Remove rod when finished.
Or if you prefer you can watch our quick video instead.
Note from Annie:
All of my patterns that have straps or handles include instructions for turning tubes by pulling on a selvedge strip that has been sewn into the seam. For long straps, that is a great method and one I use often.
However, I'm always looking for a quicker, easier way to do something so I was excited when my helper Kait showed me this tool. It is especially good for smaller straps and handles and is SO easy and quick to use.
Quick Turn Fabric Tube Turning Tool
- Availability: In Stock
Item ID: SUP193