Welcome to #SewPINK, the ByAnnie Breast Cancer Awareness initiative that kicked off in October 2019. Our goals were to raise awareness, encourage people to get their screenings, come together as a community, and donate to breast cancer research. We believe breast cancer awareness is important all year, and although we emphasize it in October (Breast Cancer Awareness Month), our continuous goal is to provide resources and awareness year-round.
✂ Oct. 1 (Thur): Mister Domestic
✂ Oct. 5 (Mon): Sewfinity
✂ Oct. 7 (Wed): Great Heron Thread
✂ Oct. 9 (Friday): Knot and Thread
✂ Oct. 12 (Mon): Snuggles Quilts
✂ Oct. 14 (Wed): A Bright Corner
✂ Oct. 16 (Fri): Suzn Quilts
✂ Oct. 19 (Mon): HUGS'N KISSES
✂ Oct. 20 (Tues): Sallie Tomato
✂ Oct. 26 (Mon): LoveYouSew
✂ Oct. 27 (Tue): Teresa Coates
Blog Hop Schedule 2020
#SewPINK Photo Contest Category!
#SewPINK Award: One participant will be selected to receive a $50 coupon to be used on ByAnnie.com in our Monthly Photo Contest. We will also give away a number of $15 coupons to other wonderful #SewPINK submissions. This category is only for the month of October!
Share your story or experience with breast cancer, submit photos of Bosom Buddy or other related projects you've sewn (maybe you sewed a bag for a hospital stay), offer advice or encouragement, or share resources. Maybe you have experience with another form of cancer, we welcome your thoughts as well. We're excited to see what you come up with, and what breast cancer awareness means to you!
Photo attribution: this Clam Up pouch was sewn, pieced, and photographed by Angela Bowman of Sewfinity for last year's #SewPINK blog hop.
Sew with love.
In October 2019, as a part of this campaign, we released a free PDF pattern called Bosom Buddy. Bosom Buddy is a soft, comfortable seat belt cushion made to reduce discomfort and protect tender areas after surgeries or chemo port placements. Read about how Bosom Buddy came about in this blog.
This project could be great to sew with your quilt guild for a donation, or for a specific friend or family member in mind. It’s simple, quick, and easy.
Bosom Buddy Sew-Along with Annie
Date: October 26th 2020
Come prepared with your PDF pattern printed, your Add-on Video watched, and your pieces cut! Annie will be LIVE on Facebook for a fun and relaxed Bosom Buddy sew-along. Learn sewing tips, ask questions, and enjoy sewing with our ByAnnie community!
Watch our Facebook and Instagram stories for more details!
You can also submit your questions through our question form!
Early detection saves lives.
Despite its limitations, a mammogram is the most effective form of screening. It's not the most enjoyable appointment you'll have all year, but in 20 minutes a mammogram can identify cancer several years before any physical symptoms develop.
It's important to stay positive as you handle your screenings. 1 in 9 mammograms result in a callback for further testing, and 95% of these callbacks do NOT have cancer!
Find a screening program near you:
Why breast cancer?
Nearly 70% of the ByAnnie community - our customers, staff, and friends - are within the highest risk factor for breast cancer. Not only that, 1 in 8 women (and 1 in 833 men) will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime.Many members of our ByAnnie family have witnessed their loved ones endure countless treatments and make painful goodbyes. For us, it’s personal. We imagine it’s personal for you, as well.
Follow the hashtag #SewPINK on social media. We have exciting things planned! Watch our stories and posts closely for extra giveaway opportunities. Schedule your mammogram, know your risk factors, and support your friends. Breast cancer doesn’t take a break, neither will we.
#SewPINK Blog Hop Schedules
The #SewPink Initiative was created by ByAnnie.com LLC to raise awareness for breast cancer throughout the year. Our efforts culminate in an annual blog hop during October’s Breast Cancer Awareness Month to promote self-care, awareness, early detection and support for those affected by breast cancer.
2020 Blog Hop Schedule
- ✂ Oct. 1 (Thur): Mister Domestic
- ✂ Oct. 5 (Mon): Sewfinity
- ✂ Oct. 7 (Wed): Great Heron Thread
- ✂ Oct. 9 (Friday): Knot and Thread
- ✂ Oct. 12 (Mon): Snuggles Quilts
- ✂ Oct. 14 (Wed): A Bright Corner
- ✂ Oct. 16 (Fri): Suzn Quilts
- ✂ Oct. 19 (Mon): HUGS'N KISSES
- ✂ Oct. 20 (Tues): Sallie Tomato
- ✂ Oct. 22 (Thur): Masterpiece Quilting by Nancy Scott
- ✂ Oct. 23 (Fri): Meadow Mist Designs
- ✂ Oct. 26 (Mon): LoveYouSew
- ✂ Oct. 27 (Tue): Teresa Coates
- ✂ Oct. 31 (Sat): Sookie Sews of Sue O'Very Designs
2019 Blog Hop
- Amy Friend of During Quiet Time
- Angela Bowman of Sewfinity
- Asa Holmer of Quilt Passion
- Brenda Miller of Among Brenda's Quilts
- Celine Perkins of Perkins Dry Goods
- Deanna Eisenman of Snuggles Quilts
- Heather Givans of HeatherGivans.com
- Helen Robinson of Sew Kind of Wonderful
- Helen Stubbings of Hugs N' Kisses
- Janelle MacKay of Emmaline Bags
- Kaitlyn of Knot & Thread
- Katy Cameron of The Littlest Thistle
- Lee Chappell of May Chappell
- Leslie Meltzer of 50 Sq Ft Studios
- Lynn Wilson of LynneWilson Designs
- Mathew Boudreaux of Mister Domestic
- Nancy Scott of Masterpiece Quilting
- Natalie Barnes of Beyond the Reef
- Sara Lawson of Sew Sweetness
- Sue O’Very of Sue O'Very Designs
- Susan R Marth of SuznQuilts
- Teresa Coates of TeresaCoates.com